Tools & Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What are your hours of operation?
Monday through Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm.
2) Is there a cost for your services?
There are no charges for our services. We offer free training to approved clients.
3) How long will this process take?
Normally no longer than 1-2 weeks. This process can take longer if information is incomplete. The Department of Advanced Education Skills & Labour makes final decision on the Self Employment Assistance program, and this normally takes between 2-4 weeks.
4) While I am good at my trade, I know very little about running a business. Is there help?
We offer Business Advisory Services, which includes business counselling and monitoring as well as numerous training sessions to help you start or grow your business.
5) Do you help write a business plan?
While we do not write business plans, we provide guidance, tools, assessment and referral.
6) What happens if I can not make my loan payment?
We work with you and pride ourselves on flexibility where appropriate.
7) Are their fees for service or loan fees?
There are no fees but interest is charged on loans.
8) Are grants available to those who want to start their business?
We do not offer grants.
9) Do I have to be incorporated?
No, However, the Entrepreneurial Opportunities Program criteria requires incorporation if approved.
10) Are you available for a presentation?
We are always willing to present to a group or organization regarding our services as well as starting or growing a business.