REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
BUSINESS SKILLS TRAINING FOR ENTREPRENURS
Metro Business Opportunities (MBO) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the development of Business and Social Enterprise in St. John’s and Mount Pearl. Through advisory, lending, and training programs, MBO’s knowledgeable team helps potential and existing entrepreneurs of all ages with idea generation, business start-up, and successful growth.
MBO offers business skills development workshops, seminars, and information sessions to entrepreneurs at various stages of their business journey – idea generation, venture start-up, business acquisition, growth and expansion, divestment, and more. In order to meet the needs of our varied clients, MBO is seeking proposals from qualified individuals and agencies for inclusion on the 2018-2019 Preferred Trainer’s List.
Training sessions can be delivered in-person or virtually, and may be offered in large or small group settings. Training topics should be at either a fundamental, intermediate or advanced level and must be related to small business. Topics may include but are not limited to:
- Accounting and Finance
- Start-up and Planning
- Human Resources Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Business Communications
- Operations Management
- Tax and Legal
- Tech and Online Engagement
- Networking and Relationships
- Succession Planning
Please note, inclusion on the 2018-2019 Preferred Trainer’s List does not guarantee that applicants will be contracted to deliver training. Training events offered by MBO are based on the needs of the business owners. The Preferred Trainers’ List will be the primary resource for selecting training facilitators; however MBO reserves the right to solicit proposals from outside the list if a suitable presenter is unavailable.
Proposal Deadline: 4:00 pm August 17, 2018
Instructions for Proposal Submission
- Proposals must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 17, 2018.
- Proposals should be submitted electronically to:
- Training Development Consultant
- Email: Training@mboc.ca
- A confirmation of submission receipt will be electronically sent to each applicant.
- Questions on this RFP should be directed via email to Steve Butler, email@example.com, and will be received until 4:00 p.m. on July 13, 2018. Answers to all questions will be posted on www.mboc.ca/media/news by 4:00pm on July 16, 2018.
- By submitting an application for consideration, it is understood that you may be contacted by MBO to provide more information on your submission, however; only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Selection of proposal(s) for the 2018-2019 Preferred Trainers’ List will be based on the experience and qualifications of the facilitator, their previous body of work, the relevance of their proposed training session(s), and the proposed session cost. MBO reserves the right to make the final selection.
- The Preferred Trainers’ List will be developed by MBO and successful applicants notified no later than September 7, 2018.